Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Mormons on the mountain

There is a mountain that rises on the west side of Tucson referred to as "A" mountain. There is an enormous letter A created on the peak by Arizona State students in 1915. You can see the whole of Tucson and meet young Mormons!

The two young ladies I surmised to be Mormons on mission really were. When they approached us we learned they were also from Ohio. One girl's parents live in Wadsworth.

The giant saguaro cactus which is the one that most symbolizes Arizona posed for plenty of photos at the Saguaro National Park.

The Mission San Xavier del Bac is also a site we visited. It was built in the early 1700's.

Everything looked stunning against the blue Arizona sky today.

I am still struggling with the pictures on this blogger app and the they will not behave and appear in the order in which I post them. Hope you can figure out which is which. I have a roadrunner who posed for me too. He is NOT Mormon. He was at the Mission so I assume he's Catholic!

1 comment: