Sunday, September 23, 2012

Final day - Wednesday


Since last night's rain abated and another gorgeous day broke, we decided to forgo the art museum and spend time outdoor.  Bryant Park, located behind the New York Public Library has a Paris feeling to it.






 
It seemed nearly empty until we chanced upon a film crew. They were shooting scenes for a CBS show called "Person of Interest"
The guy in the center is Jim Caviezel, one of the lead actors. I looked this up on the internet as I never heard of the show. I may be trying to find this episode though. 
  The camera is certainly impressive.
 

We passed around to the front of the New York Public Library. Should have gone in, but I have done it before. Heading to Grand Central Station. Along the sidewalk are plaques honoring the world of books.






 
This one was most amusing.  I especially liked it since E.B. White wrote
Charlotte's Web and other children's books.
 
Outside Grand Central
 
Inside


But, it is so much more than trains.
 
Love the little jackets on these guys
Food is everywhere.  There are shops as well.
After another visit to the film crew in the park we went over to 7th Ave. to the Fashion District.
My shop awaits me.  My style would be vastly different than what's in the window!
 
If you are as bored by fabric and trimmings as Dan, this is the end.  If you are NOT please step on over to my other blog, Thimble Fingers http://csturgeo.blogspot.com/ 
and learn more about the fabric and trim stores.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment