Thursday, July 15, 2010

Preparation is everything

I am so anticipating this trip that I am trying to be totally prepared by reading (My Motto: WHEN IN DOUBT, READ ) Here is a list of some I've read. The language one at the end has been given short shrift lately. I am trying to listen to the CD so I MIGHT understand something when spoken to. Parroting a question is easy...the answer is hard.


  • Every Day in Tuscany: Seasons of an Italian Life by Frances Mayes

  • Provence A-Z: A Francophile's Essential Handbook (Vintage Departures) by Peter Mayle


  • Rick Steves' Snapshot Provence


  • My Life in France by Julia Child with Alex Prud'homme


  • Living in a Foreign Language: A Memoir of Food, Wine, and Love in Italy by Michael Tucker


  • Rick Steves' Snapshot Italy's Cinque Terre (Rick Steves Snapshot) by Rick Steves


  • World Food Italy (World Food Series)


  • Italian Cooking Encyclopedia: The definitive professional guide to Italian ingredients and cooking techniques, including 300 step-by-step recipes


  • Leonardo da Vinci, Michelangelo and the Renaissance in Florence by Dr. David Franklin


  • Ultimate French Beginner-Intermediate (Book and CD Set): Includes Comprehensive Coursebook, 10 Audio CDs, and CD-ROM with Flashcards (Ultimate Beginner-Intermediate) by Annie Heminway

2 comments:

  1. I am so excited that you will blog your trip! I have been blogging my life in Florida for three years now. I think you will really like it and everyone will love reading all about your adventures. I am off to add you to my RSS list! Can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cheryl, Now that you are retired will your "little sidekick" be traveling with you?? Can't wait to see what else you do with this page!

    ReplyDelete